Bridgeport Energy Limited is an Australian oil and gas company, with production, development and exploration tenements. A New Hope Group company, Bridgeport Energy, is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed.
Bridgeport Energy holds exploration and production tenements in South-West Queensland, South Australia and Victoria. The company currently produces circa 400,000bbl per annum from 12 fields, operates over 100 wells and is exploring in an array of tenements in the states of SA, QLD and VIC.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and experienced Operator/Mechanic to join the production team on a permanent full-time basis. 14/14 roster.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will undertake all activities required to maintain the relevant production facilities across Bridgeport’s oil fields in South West QLD and ensure that they continue to be operational. This will involve:
- Maintaining the relevant production facility, such as tank dipping, production reporting, conducting loadouts, doing well rounds and general maintenance on flowlines and evaporation ponds.
- Maintaining the production facilities such as general equipment repairs, routine and non-routine maintenance and performing diagnostic analysis on faulty equipment as necessary.
- Regular fixed and mobile diesel engine servicing and repairs.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a relevant trade qualification; Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade; diesel fitting is highly desirable.
- Ability to conduct diagnostic troubleshooting and repairs in remote locations.
- Basic computer skills i.e. word, excel and outlook.
- Proficient abilities in the maintenance and repair of heavy mobile and fixed equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
Enjoy the benefits that come from working with Bridgeport Energy â a company where values matter, people are important and diversity is valued.
Applications close 2 February 2019.