Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located near Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
As the CHPP Production Supervisor, you are responsible for leading your team to ensure the required quantities and qualities of saleable coal are delivered to the customer on an agreed schedule in a safe and efficient manner.
In this role, you will also:
- Provide direction to the CHPP Production team to enable optimum process performance
- Plan & coordinate the day-to-day work, assign clear and achievable tasks within the context of the role
- Complete shift reports, timesheets, incident reports, monthly reports and other reports necessary to ensure effective communication with your customers
- Capture and analyse CHPP improvement ideas
- Coordinate production and maintenance inspections for production technicians. Monitor and coach on the quality of information.
- Support provision of a safe working environment, which at minimum complies with the Bengalla safety system, OH&S Act, Coal Mines Regulation Act and other relevant legislation
What you’ll need
- An electrical or mechanical trade qualification or similar
- A proven track record in a CHPP or similar environment, with 3 years or more experience.
- Operation/ Maintenance of plant and equipment used in a modern ore/coal handling and preparation facility. Particularly feeders, crushers, conveyors, stackers, reclaimers, screens, pumps, thickeners, spirals, cyclones and belt press filters.
- Demonstrated leadership in safe working systems and behaviors.
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by leadership and team membership skills.
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards relating to safety and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities and duties as required by the Coal Mines Regulation Act and associated regulations.
- Advanced computer skills including the utilisation of computerised maintenance, purchasing and stores systems.
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and wellbeing of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.