Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance supervisor to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Full-time basis.
In this role, you will be an extremely important part of safe and efficient maintenance methodology with some focus on improvements within safety, electrical and mechanical.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the output of the maintenance and contractor teams
- Focusing on continuous improvement, working safely and meeting environmental standards whilst ensuring a proactive and value adding mind-set within your team
- Reviewing maintenance defects and actioning as required
- Liaising with Production Supervisors and Maintenance Planners and making sound short-term business decisions to achieve all plans of the wider team
- Assisting with mechanical or electrical troubleshooting as required to effectively maintain, sustain and improve all assets
- Leading by demonstrating behaviour that supports and articulates the direction and values of New Hope Group and Bengalla
What you’ll need
- Trade background associated with the maintenance of heavy mobile equipment or field equipment in open cut mining â Hitachi Excavators, Hitachi Electric Haul Drive Trucks, Caterpillar Drills, Drag-line
- Detailed knowledge of CMMS â Pulse & Ellipse
- Front-line leadership training (SLDP/S1,S2,S3) and/or experience
- Senior First Aid certificate
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound computer skills
- Ability to lead a small team in a collaborative and consistent approach, in alignment with an overall department direction
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well-being of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.