Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
Due to a drive to build our in-house knowledge base, we are currently seeking an experienced Production System Support Technician to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Full-time basis.
In this role, you will be an extremely important part of ensuring Bengalla has a complement of experienced technicians to assist in planned and unplanned maintenance on all production systems. As well as maintenance works, you will be heavily involved in a variety of implementation projects that are taking place, such as collision avoidance.
Reporting to the Field Maintenance Supervisor, you will;
- Undertake planned and unplanned production systems maintenance whilst ensuring accurate upkeep of the relevant databases
- Safe and efficient maintenance through diligent use, storage and care of tools and equipment
- Safe and efficient interaction with related service providers
- Ensuring all work completed is to the highest standard to ensure production system reliability
- Providing assistance in the development and improvement of the maintenance strategies;
- Complying with Bengalla’s Health, Safety & Environmental procedures at all times
What you’ll need
- Electrical trade background would be helpful, with trade based skills and fabrication knowledge.
- Fault-finding skills, and the ability to research any required information.
- Self-motivated, and an ability work autonomously to a degree, with prioritisation and flexibility being an essential part of the job.
- Computer skills and an understanding of basic operating systems.
- Knowledge of auto electrics with regard to MDG and Bengalla site standards.
- Knowledge of RF antennas/coax as well as a general understanding of communication functionality.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and basic networking
- Strong safety focus with a demonstrated ability to promote and encourage safety
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Team orientated player that seeks to raise the skill level of colleagues
- Attention to detail and ability to follow a process
- Ability to accept new ideas and embrace change
- Model expected behaviours
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well-being of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.