New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in agriculture, oil, port and exploration and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
New Hope Group has an active exploration program and has a unique owner operator model utilising the company’s own Drill Rigs. As part of the process of building its Exploration team, we are seeking a suitably qualified Relief Driller in what is a very exciting growth phase for New Hope Group, which will include a new Exploration Drill Rig in Q2 2020. You will be a key supporting member of a small drilling team, undertaking all drilling activities as required by the business to meet drilling targets. You will also be required to assist with maintenance activities and liaise with relevant exploration / mining staff.
This is a field based role offered on a 14 on / 14 off basis that will require travel to all New Hope Group operational sites, including sites in the Toowoomba, Ipswich, Bowen/Surat basin and Hunter Valley areas.
While developing your drilling career, you will be responsible for;
- Participating in and conforming to New Hope Group’s safety and core value initiatives.
- Providing the requisite support to the drilling team by performing the role of Driller and Drillers assistant at various times to ensure efficient and effective operations during all drilling programmes.
- Undertaking all drilling work within your competence and skill as requested by the Exploration Supervisor to meet drilling requirements.
- Participating in and being actively involved in the New Hope Exploration Safety & Health Management System for drilling activities and safety initiatives with in the exploration team.
- Effectively carry out safe drilling operations as per agreed plan to meet business needs and departmental objectives.
To be successful as a New Hope Group Driller, you will need:
- Have demonstratable experience in relevant coal exploration drilling operations
- Hold a Certificate III in Drilling Operations as a minimum
- Be Physically fit and healthy
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screen
- Hold a current Heavy Rigid Australian manual driving License
- Have full working rights for Australia
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed. Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.
Applications close 03/02/2020