Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately nine million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Full-time basis.
In this role, you will be an extremely important part of the mining operations.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Superintendent, you will:
- Development and audit of systematic installation, commissioning and maintenance activities for electrical systems on mobile and fixed equipment, in accordance with relevant legislation and Australian Standards.
- Identification, implementation and assessment of business improvement projects
- Supporting the operation in achieving site targets by pro-actively managing electrical assets in your area of responsibility
- Providing accurate advice and support in a timely fashion to relevant stakeholders across the organisation
What you’ll need
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering, or similar
- A solution focused approach and commitment towards safety
- Sound judgement, decision-making and problem-solving capability
- Good understanding of the technical aspects related to electrical safety at mines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to proactively manage personal workload and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by proven team membership skills
- Other beneficial skills:
- Electrical trade experience
- Nationally accredited High Voltage Operator qualification
- Experience with mobile mining plant and equipment
- Project management experience
- Drivers licence
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well-being of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, salary continuance insurance and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Closing date: 26th January 2020
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.