New Hope Group is a majority Australian-owned and operated diversified energy company which has been proudly based in South East Queensland for more than 60 years. With a core focus on coal, we also have interests in, oil, port, exploration and agriculture and are one of Australia’s top 200 ASX listed companies.
New Acland Coal is a thin seam open cut mining operation. We are seeking two Environmental Officer’s to support delivery of New Hope Group’s environmental management system and statutory environmental obligations.
This role involves:
- Environmental monitoring and reporting according to regulation and site management plans
- Manage environmental data according to site requirements including entry into database and data analysis.
- Support the Environmental team in liaising with government agencies and the local community
- Perform training and education for site employees in the areas of environmental planning, management and reporting.
- Supervise Contractors where required
- Internal and external reporting including audit reporting in order to maintain licenses and approvals
What you’ll bring:
- Strong knowledge of environmental monitoring (air quality, surface and groundwater, noise), statutory reporting requirements, land and biodiversity management, project management and environmental management systems
- Degree in Environmental Science; Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in mining is preferable
- Proven commitment to safety and environment
New Hope is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment with the core objective that our people go home at the end of the day unharmed.
We believe the best business decisions and innovations result from collaboration of ideas and opinions from people of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
Our company policies are based on principles of merit and equal opportunity. New Hope Group continues to grow our inclusive team, supporting diversity through gender, culture and thought within the organisation.
Applications close 26/01/2020