Bengalla Mining Company is a joint venture between New Hope Group (80%) and Taipower (20%) with a strong track record of achievement. Our focus is on maintaining strong safety, productivity and profitability results. We have a very collaborative team culture and a highly professional and rewarding work environment.
Operational since 1999, Bengalla is located in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley NSW, and supplies international markets with approximately ten million tonnes of thermal coal per annum. Bengalla is an open pit coal mine offering a residential lifestyle. The development consent for the operation provides the ability to mine through to 2039. We pride ourselves on the professionalism with which we pursue our goals and our strong links into our community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an MEM competency holder to take that next step in their career as we are currently seeking an experienced mining leader to join the Bengalla team on a Permanent, Full-time basis in the role of Statutory/Projects Superintendent.
As well as assisting the overall production team with safe and efficient execution of all relevant plans, you will be responsible for:
- Coaching and managing the Open-cut Examiners to ensure consistency and statutory compliance.
- Leading by demonstrating behaviour that supports and articulates the direction and values of New Hope Bengalla
- Delivering projects that will contribute to the success of the mining team in achieving safety, production, and environmental best practice
- Maintaining an innovative approach to all aspects of your role, ensuring a level of continuous improvement to meet/exceed production plans at Bengalla.
What you’ll need
- Statutory Mining Engineering Managers certificate NSW is required
- Detailed knowledge of mine planning and engineering software/processes
- Front-line leadership training (SLDP/S1,S2,S3) and/or experience
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound computer skills
What we offer
Bengalla values its people and their contribution to the operation. Our well-established employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well-being of our team. With benefits including subsidised health insurance, salary packaging, self-education assistance, and gym memberships we make the health, safety and well-being of our people our absolute priority.
This is a great opportunity to join the professional and friendly team at Bengalla Mining Company.
Please feel free to APPLY NOW or contact Phillip Neho on 07 3418 0517 if you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding the role.
Note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.